Grocery shopping was probably my least favorite thing to do when I moved out of my parents house, but I’ve gotta say I kind of love it now! It’s one of the first lessons you learn when you’re first trying to adult, and it really does take some time to get down. Obviously shopping lists vary from one person to another, but it is hard to tell which foods are even healthy and worth buying when you’re first starting off. I have compiled a list of healthy food for you guys in various categories so that you can refer to it on your next grocery visit and can start to figure out exactly what you like and don’t like. Lets learn how to grocery shop!
- Try and go grocery shopping on a Wednesday or Thursday since those are the days most stores restock. This allows you to get the best quality and the lowest prices.
- Try and plan out your meals for the week on Sunday and prep what you can in advance.
- Put together a “snack box” of small grab and go snacks so when you’re hungry you can grab something healthy instead of chips.
- Do some research and see what produce is in season near you, they’re always cheaper.
- If you plan on using your fruits or vegetables for smoothies than buy them frozen. They’re cheaper and it eliminates the need for ice cubes in your smoothies.
- DO NOT go grocery shopping while you’re hungry!!!!
- Try to not buy more than you need, we don’t like to waste food! It’s ok if you have to go back a couple times a week.
- Generic brands are exactly the same, and a fraction of the price!
- Look for coupons! Lots of places have their own apps now that offer coupons.
- Don’t buy anything that isn’t on your list, chances are you don’t actually need it.
- Try and find a healthy dessert so you don’t binge.
- Strawberries and nutella
- Banana ice cream from Blogilates