We have all had a night that we stayed out too late, or drank too much. I have made a simple guide to help you cure a hangover- like a boss!
- One of my biggest tips to cure a hangover is a preventative measure! Try and drink a cup of water in-between each drink you have. This will make sure you are not as dehydrated as you normally are after a night of drinking. The headache portion of a hangover is largely caused by dehydration.
- Another thing you can do is avoid any sugary drinks. This will help keep you more hydrated, and won’t upset your stomach in the long run!
- One thing I have found to really help me if I know that I am going to have a long night is to buy an activated charcoal juice from the store and drink it right before bed. The activated charcoal helps to absorb the alcohol while you sleep and sort of detox you before the morning.
- Some things to keep by your bedside for the night:
- Glass of water
- Pain medicine (Ibuprofen, Advil, Tylenol)
During The Hangover
There are a couple of different routes to ease your hangover, and it depends on your agenda for the given day.
If you have somewhere you have to be:
- Take the pain pills that you put by your bed with the gatorade.
- Take a shower. This ALWAYS helps me feel better if I am hungover, just makes you feel more put together and human again.
- Take some anti-nausea medicine. Make sure they don’t react with the pain pills you took though, better safe than sorry!
- Get some greasy food! Greasy food not only heals your soul after a long night, but it helps soak up the lingering crud in your stomach which should ease the nausea.
If you are free all day:
- Still take the pain pills with the gatorade!
- Grab some greasy food from a drive through. dealers choice on where!
- Sleep it off! This is the best thing to do if you are feeling really rough, but make sure if you are waking up that you drink some of the water on your bedside table before you go back to sleep.
What are some of your best tips for curing a hangover? Leave them in the comments below!